The President shall be the principal presiding officer of the Club and shall preside at all meetings of the board and of the members of the Club. The President shall be an ex officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee. The President may sign on behalf of the Club any documents or instruments which the board has authorized to be executed, except where the signing and execution thereof is expressly delegated by the board or by the Bylaws to some other officer or agent, or is required by law to be otherwise signed or executed. The President shall have the authority to direct and administer all activities of the Club subject to such policies as may be adopted by the board or any committees to which the board has delegated power for such action. The President, or in the absence thereof, the Treasurer shall be authorized to sign corporate checks or drafts on behalf of the Corporation. The President shall act as the duly authorized representative of the Board of Directors in all matters in which the board has not formally designated some other person for that specific purpose.
Specifically, the President shall:
- Be responsible for the implementation of all policies established by the Board of Directors or by the membership of the Club.
- Assist the Finance Committee and Treasurer in annually reviewing and updating a capital budget and preparing an operating budget showing the expected receipts and expenditures of the Club and supervise the business affairs of the Club to assure that funds are expended to the best possible advantage.
- Submit regular reports to the Board of Directors and if authorized committees on the activities of the Club and other significant developments.
- Propose to the Board for its approval, suggested committee chairpersons.
- Perform any other duty within the express or implicit terms of the duties hereunder that may be necessary for the best interest of the Club.
- Appoint a panel of three (3) members, at least one whom shall be the Vice-President, to audit the Club's financial accounts.
- Perform all duties as the Board of Directors shall from time to time assign.
- Prepare an agenda for each meeting.
In the absence of the President, or in the event of an inability or refusal to act, the Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President, and when so acting, shall have all the powers and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President.
Specifically, the Vice-President shall:
- Coordinate fundraising and special events.
- Act as chair for yearly financial audit.
- Perform such other duties as the President shall from time to time assign.
The Secretary shall have the responsibility to see that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provision of the Bylaws or as required by law; keep a register of the current post office address of each director and member of the Club; record the proceedings of any membership meetings and the proceedings of any board meeting; and in general, perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary, and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or Board of Directors.
Minutes of the proceedings of all meetings shall be distributed to the Board of Directors within three (3) days of the next scheduled meeting
The Treasurer of the Club shall keep or cause to be kept correct and accurate accounts of the properties and financial transactions of the Club and shall prepare and deliver a report of the financial status of the Club to the President and Board of Directors as reasonably requested.
The Treasurer shall have the responsibility for distributing Club funds for the payment of authorized debts incurred by Club officers or agents of the Club.
The Treasurer shall prepare annually, an operating budget and, if appropriate, a capital budget, and shall serve as an ex officio member of the Finance Committee.
The Banker shall have the responsibility for collecting and depositing Club funds and providing the Treasurer with proof of deposit. The Banker shall also provide the change bags for Concessions, Spirit wear, Membership and other such groups involved in sales activities on behalf of the Club.
|Waukesha North Booster Club Bylaws||Aug 11, 2013||57 kB|